Tuesday, September 1, 2026

01 Substance Painter Meet Matt


This is my textured Meet Matt model. For the theme I wanted to emulate a demonic stuffed animal. I was inspired by the game Sackboy and wanted to emulate that but with a slightly darker vibe. 

I made the fabric texture in substance designer, originally, it was going to be used as a canvas embroidery patch, but I didn't have enough time to finalize the embroidery edge of the patch. The base was textured using premade metal and wood materials, that I customized to suit the model. The eye is a cross-stitch texture I made a few months ago in substance designer that uses an image from Adobe Stock, to generate the cross-stitch pattern. 

The stock photo I used was created by the artist Sanlas on Adobe Stock and can be found here: https://stock.adobe.com/images/dragon-eye-vector-icon/791440436?prev_url=detail

Close Up Fabric Details



Perforce Submission

Project Inspiration and Reference



No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 07 Orb Bridge Project High Res

  High Res Sculpt Final cracks on stone to be added during texturing